Wednesday, June 23, 2010

swope news

From the KC Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/18/2028251/volunteers-create-miles-of-surprises.html

From me:

I opened up Phase 3 yesterday to riding, after talking with Craig. First off I want to give a huge shout out to Craig, Scott and Travis, yes even the sunshine man needs some recognition sometime for those insane bench cuts and crib walls he instigates (that's Travis by the way, he doesn't get a lot of recognition he rightly deserves). Without these three men's guidance i wouldn't be able to do half the sweet shit I can do now, and without their trust I wouldn't be able to work out there basically whenever I feel like blowing off some steam. I am pretty sure I can speak for the 4 of us that we are quite glad Phase 3 is almost completely finished...just a couple more connections to finish up in the next couple weeks then we move to the north side of the road to start connecting into 8-pins to finish up the last leg of the camp of the woods phase.

we have 150+ volunteers to coordinate Friday for the Skills USA day. We'll be working on phase 1 of the blue-swope connection. From what scott and craig have told me, it sounds like it will be a very cool place. I'm looking forward to peeping it out tomorrow before we head out friday. tomorrow morning is training with all the crew leaders/parks people/kc wildlands people, etc. then friday is when the kids will be in with us. it was crazy last year and I'm sure it will be again this year too. we do get an absolute ton of work done though.

this somehow turned into a longer post than I planned. i'm starving and have class later.

peace and riding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment