Monday, August 17, 2009

RIM (w/ Pictures!!!)


Man!!! The Rapture In Misery (RIM) race this past weekend was stellar!!! Great single/double track in the forests of Crowder State Park, northern Missouri. First time I ever rode the trails up there and man they are sweet. Absolute KILLER climbs, and epic downhill rip sessions made for a couple gnarly crashes. My best one was the first lap coming down the "humpty-dumpty" section. After almost going OTB off of every drop at extreme speed, there is a 180* switch back at the bottom, that I didn't know about. First lap I kept going straight OTB into the woods hitting a few trees and picking up some gnar for later. Goddang though, I love that new wheelset I picked up last week. I guarentee that crash alone would have tacoed my previous wheels, not to mention the other 4-5 spills I took that day (I need to learn to trust my tires more, those Captains grip like a champ and I need to shred instead of beinga pussy). but anyway...great time.



Here's this blog's first pictures ever, thanks to the peeps that took them, one up top from Rich and one below from Kevin.


Peace and dirt!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a kicka$$ time at RIM! YAHOO! Keep up the good work! Glad to hear that the Rasta machine is DIALED! See ya soon bro!

    Burnsey

    http://singlespeedpirate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete